Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Summer of Mysteries continues

Wife's log: Day 201

Spoiler warning: Jon and I are no closer to a confident decision than our last summer blog...sorry:(

God is good, but also very mysterious. he has not yet made perfectly clear what he would like for us to do as of Aug 9th (the day we need to be out of Roddey). Here's the official update on some of the things we told you about last time:

- I didn't get the job in Charleston....well, I never heard back from them, so I'm not going to start previewing housing options.

-Nor have I heard anything else from any other school districts. Applications, screening interviews, e-mailed resumes seem to have fallen on deaf ears. There might be some assistant positions open nearby, but I'm not holding my breath yet.

-My next option has been to look on craigslist and other job sites to see if any local day cares need a lead/assistant teacher, or if any offices need a secretary with my skills. Nothing yet. I seem to be overqualified...ironically.

-Jon is similarly checking the want ads for various positions. He might have a job at a local hotel if they can work with his class schedule, and around the part time job he already has. God has blessed us with several computer jobs for him, which pay very well per hour and are getting us through our summer bills.

-On the housing front, we have two places we would like to move in to. One that I like a little more, one that Jon likes a little more. Marriage is all about compromise....we'll see. (vote for me!)

-And as we keep looking for solutions, more questions pop up. There may be an opening in my building for either an Assistant Apartment manager (what I do now) or an Apartment manager (a step up from where I am now). Either solution may allow me to go to grad school with the money we're saving on housing. More questions, fewer answers....oy vey!

Continue to pray for us, for we struggle at decision making and getting answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment